Here's a running list of the latest new features and enhancements. Have an idea? Let us know at email@example.com.
- Released client IP ranges, a new way to specify access control based on the client's IPv4 and/or IPv6 ranges.
- Announcing our i18n plugin that enabled you to redirect your website visitors to an alternative locale specific URL based on their language or country of origin.
- Announcing major speed improvements for authenticated sites. Now password and auth0 protected pages respond from the CDN just as fast as publicly available static pages.
- Announcing authorized plugin—a new plugin that builds upon the Auth0 plugin with the ability to enforce fine grained roled based authorization to sections of your site.
- Announcing Auth0 plugin—full-featured identity management solution for your members-only static websites.
- New blog post detailing how we recently transitioned our static site hosting infrastructure to AWS serverless.
- Custom domain validation is now accomplished by creating a CNAME record with your DNS provider rather than clicking a link in an email sent to the domain addresses. This eliminates a major source of friction when registering custom domains with Aerobatic.
- New blog post demonstrating how to implement a Slack team invite form on your website.
- Announcing our new Organization pricing plan geared towards digital agencies developer teams. Every new site automatically available as a sub-domain on your organizations root domain.
- By popular demand the password-protect plugin now supports the ability to configure a username in addition to a password. You can also declare a list of up to 10 username/password credential pairs.
- Announcing the new Aerobatic theme gallery makes it super simple to kickstart your next Hugo, Jekyll, or vanilla HTML5 site from a pre-packaged theme or template. Just pass the
--themeoption to the
aero createcommand. For example:
aero create jekyll/freelancer.
- Now you can tack the query parameter
__previewto any Aerobatic site URL to launch the site in a special device viewer that let's you toggle between desktop, laptop, tablet, or phone. Read more.
- The new keyword-search plugin is now available. All Aerobatic sites can now offer full text search of site content without reliance on any external services. You can provide a custom search results template for a fully integrated user experience.
- Announcing the new metrics section in the Aerobatic dashboard for gleaning insights into the traffic on your website including: visits, page views, top pages, visitor locations, traffic source, and more.
- Announcing the new form-submit-plugin for collecting HTML form submissions from your Aerobatic websites! All forms are protected from bots by Google reCAPTCHA. Submissions can be viewed in the dashboard and also forwarded via email and webhook. One less reason for you to need a PHP or other active server backend for your website.
- New blog post demonstrating how to connect the form-submit plugin to a Google spreadsheet using Zapier.
- We now support email or Slack deploy alerts that you configure in your
aerobatic.ymlfile. You can even specify different alerts based on the deploy stage that was updated. Great way for agencies to automatically notify clients when changes are made.
- You can now pass a
--formatoption to the aero logs command to see the raw JSON weblog entries in their entirety. There is also an additional
proxyUrlproperty in the log entry for requests that are handled by the http-proxy plugin. This is useful when diagnosing exactly what URL Aerobatic is requesting behind the scenes. The plugin troubleshooting section has more details.
- You can now pass a
--nameoption to the aero create CLI command to control the website name at time of creation.
- Deployments using the aero deploy CLI command are now up to 150% faster due to a new S3 key naming scheme that allows for faster uploads.
- Announcing optimized Docker images for building your Jekyll or Hugo sites and deploying to Aerobatic.
- The aerobatic-cli deploy command now takes advantage of S3 transfer acceleration for faster uploads.
- Introduced new password-protect plugin, a simple and effective way to protect all or parts of your website with a password.
- Aerobatic relaunches as a standalone CLI and dashboard. Now you can deploy your website right from your local terminal or from any CI service build script.